Apr 14, 2014: Whats Our Purpose? (edited)
But I can share "a" purpose or "a" reason we are here... In the most literal sense, to witness or to experience.
Witness what? Experience what?... EVERYTHING!
Witness air, sky, birds, gravity, photons, other people, ourselves, EVERYTHING!
Mar 24, 2014: Living vs. Alive (edited)
What does it take to go from just living (boredom) to being ALIVE (fulfilled)?
1. Do what you want: The key to becoming alive (fulfilled) is to follow your impulses and desires, and resist inhibiting them. Essentially, if you want to do it, do it. Be who you are. Your impulses and desires are the only true thing you have to bring to this world, your identity. Your value is your YOU, don't hide it. To suppress your impulses and desires is to conform to what already exist, what has already been brought, to someone else's impulses and desires.
Mar 24, 2014: Control & Relationships
When it comes to control in a relationship, how much control should each party exercise while still maintaining a healthy relationship?
If you believe that a person is most alive when they're following their impulses and desires by doing what they want, control over someone else would imply an inhibition of an others impulses or desires. If its unhealthy to inhibit our own impulses and desires, it's likely unhealthy to inhibit an others impulses and desires.
Mar 23, 2014: Loud Silence
Do you have the capacity to experience and be a part of silence?
It may sound like a weird question with an obvious answer but try it sometime. Find an environment of absolute silence or as close to silence as possible and try to be a part of the silence.
For some people, you may find that becoming a part of the silence can be a very difficult task. The environment may be silent, but you are very loud. Not physically, but mentally.
Mar 14, 2014: About (edited)
ScottRodriguez.com aims to tackle three challenges I think most of us face in life.
- Why are we here? What's our purpose?
I can say that I've lived an exceptional life to date going from having two parents who genuinely loved me and each other everyday. Earning my diploma in the summer of my senior year from my 2nd continuation school in 12 months. Serving my county overseas. Enforcing law as a military police officer.
Mar 13, 2014: Values
- An urgency to seek or create surprise/new things
- Be grateful for both the good and the bad, it's a part of being alive
- Seek love and connection and allow it in your life
- Respect others even when they don't deserve it
Mar 13, 2014: Conscious vs Unconscious Mind
Would you be surprised to find out that 80-90% of everything you do is not actually being controlled by your thoughts/conscious mind?...
It sounds crazy but it's true.
Let's think of a couple examples. Do you remember the first time you ever drove a car? Do you remember how difficult it was? Trying to negotiate the steering wheel through a turn and over steering and under steering. Negotiating the gas and brake and having the car jolt as you figured it out.
Mar 11, 2014: Money/New Things
Based on the "You get use to everything" principle: I can spend money to do new things, but to do new things, do I need to spend money?